Friday, January 4, 2008

I made it!

Before bed last night, I had a sudden urge to purge my hidden treasures (you might refer to this as "junk"). I'm fairly certain it had something to do with a conversation that I had with a group of ladies at MOPS. Us Moms are always trying to figure out how to tackle the monster that is our house.

So, with Spence in tow, we went into his room to go through his baby clothes. Obviously, I've been putting this off for a long while now. I just didn't want to say a final goodbye to those baby years. It was neat to go through the clothes together. I pulled out a premie size sleeper that he wore in his hospital pictures and said, "Spencer, can you believe you fit in this tiny thing?!" He'd pull out a shirt or a pair of pants and say, "Mom, will this fit me?". Sorry pal, it has been awhile since you wore 12-18 months clothing! He did manage to squeeze into a very small fleece pajama set and stretched one of his tiny baby hats over his head. I had to help with that one, but we got it on. It was quite a sight.

What I thought would be so painful was not. I didn't lose my little baby as I tossed clothes into the giveaway bag, he's been gone for some time now. Sure I miss his tiny toes and gurgly laugh, but I wouldn't trade our time now for anything. So as I packed away a few of my favorites I imagined the day I'd reopen this box for him when he has his own little one on the way and again say "Spencer, can you believe you fit in this tiny thing?"

No comments: