Saturday, December 27, 2008

Our late Christmas summarized in five pictures

When you've got kids in the picture, this is considered a keeper.
Mia is opening her wood "food".  She wasn't amused and wondered where the real stuff was.
Yes, it is indeed a apron my son is wearing, but you got to admit the 
retro space theme is pretty cute.  Plus, my window of opportunity is limited.
Practice makes (almost) perfect kids.
Be scared.  Be very scared.

We had a fantastic late Christmas.  We ate a breakfast casserole and lounged in our p.j.s all day long.  That night, Alfonso surprised me with a nice (and pre-planned) birthday dinner at Shutter's.  I had only twenty minutes to go from laying on the couch in my p.j.s to dressed and out the door.  It didn't help that I had a wicked cold and  I was pretty miserable when our babysitter arrived.  Thankfully, I have some great friends who seemed happy to see me even without a shower.  We had a fantastic time out and left after almost four hours of conversation.  We might have stayed longer but we got the feeling the place was just kept open for us :).  Although I'm not a fan of surprises, it sure made me feel special to know Alfonso had planned this night with me in mind.  He's really great.  If you need further proof you just might want to take a look at the above picture again...what a gem!

No comments: