Monday, May 18, 2009

I'm not his mother, I swear!

The three of us took our dogs for a walk this evening.  Spencer begged (and begged some more) to walk Scout all by himself.  I waited to give him the reins once we were on a non-residential sidewalk with a straight shot view of the entire street so I could keep watch for other dogs.  Scout is good about staying on the sidewalk, but if he sees another dog then he's all about breakin' the rules.  I did see a dog coming our way on the opposite side of the street and told Spencer I'd need to take over.  Once we were within ear shot distance from the couple and the dog, Spencer asked, "What kind of dog is that?"  I wasn't sure and I replied so.  I should have known the answer would be found insufficient as Spencer blurted out, "I think he's a baby eater!" (pitbull).
Which is about when I felt like finding my very own box to crawl into.

No comments: