Thursday, June 4, 2009

Seriously, he's killing me

Tonight I had a little chance to sneak in some one-on-one time with Spencer.  We were eating a (small) bowl of ice cream when he asked me, "Mom, do you think there really is no pain in heaven just like God promises?"  I believe that to be the truth, and I told him so.  His reply (the killing me part) was, "Well, I'm picturing it in my head right now and I see Great Grandpa swinging from the trees on a swing.  He fell and it didn't hurt him at all."  He then went on to theorize his belief that there must be dirt below the grass even in heaven "or it would just be concrete and that would hurt."

Then, the kid picked out 'Love you Forever' to read before bed.  

I love that kid.  I really, really do.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Ohhhh! What a precious time for you and spencer. I love how the Lord touches our kids hearts. Spencer is a sweet boy with a sensitive soul towards the heart of God. I smiled ear to ear!! You know he gets that from you right!!

Love you:) You are a wonderful mommy~
Natalie

3 Little Monkeys said...

See why I prayed so hard? I love that kid too!