Sunday, July 26, 2009

Now, that's a number I can live with!

I went to pick-up Mia from Sunday school class this morning. I went into her classroom, looked around a bit. Looked around a bit more. Panicked. For the life of me, I couldn't find my daughter. Scary. Really, really scary.

I asked a male teacher if he knew where Mia was and I told him I couldn't find her. We looked around a bit more and we finally spotted my cookie-covered face playing in a little house.

On my way out, I had a conversation with the same teacher.

Teacher: "Oh, don't scare me like that again!"
Me: "I know, I was pretty scared myself."
Teacher: "Yeah, in all the years I've worked in here, we've only lost one kid."

I'm wondering how in the world that statement is suppose to bring me any comfort. Seriously. Thankfully, Mia was found safe and sound and we can laugh a little.

Anyone familiar with the plane crash scene from Madagascar 2? Its a favorite scene of ours. After the penguin pilots crash-land its discovered they've lost two passengers. One penguin pilot exclaims, "Now, that's a number I can live with!"

No comments: