Sunday, June 22, 2008

Badge pinning






Nothing makes things more official than a shiny new badge.

Here's to you babe! You worked your tail off and we're so proud of you!

Firefighter's Oath

I, Alfonso Munoz, am a public servant and protector of society. My fundamental responsibility is the safeguarding of human life and property against the elements of fire and disaster.

I will never allow personal feelings, or danger to self, to deter me from my responsibilities.

I will, without provocation, recognize and uphold the responsibilities of my duties, dedicating myself to the Public, who have placed their faith in me and my chosen profession: The Saving of Life, Protection of Property and Service to the Community.

1 comment:

Patty B. said...

Congratulations, Alfonso ! ! ! These pictures remind me of when I was a kid and my dad was a fireman. We used to climb on the trucks and sit in the driver's seat and, every now and then, we would get to sound the siren. We also used to play with the toys in the basement which were being collected throughout the year for Toys for Tots. Don't know if we were supposed to do that or not.
--Patty