Saturday, June 21, 2008

Spencer's Preschool Graduation, Part I




Spencer's preschool celebrated graduation the other day and in an attempt not to leave anyone out, the whole class graduates. He'll be attending the same school next year after which we'll celebrate the second and final graduation from preschool (hopefully, anyway!).

I'm kinda glad his school takes this approach as it's easy to forget that for him this is an accomplishment. For weeks he had talked and talked about his upcoming "gradulation" and the real "dipuma" he'd be receiving. He kept bringing up a medal of some sort. Thankfully, Alfonso had the foresight to ask his teacher about the medal for fear he'd be crushed if he left the building without one. Long story short, we stopped by the party store on the way to the ceremony and bought him his "Winner" medal. When we presented it to him, he exclaimed, "Thank you! I worked so hard for this!".

And what a cute little ceremony it was. This Mommy found herself crying just a few words into the second song. I love that kid.

1 comment:

Christian and Christen said...

I think I check your blog more than anyone else's. I love the stories and the pics. I enjoy "watching" you be a mom and am so proud of you. You love your kids so well!