Monday, January 19, 2009

Enjoying life...


Alfonso surprised me with birthday money to buy a new lens for my camera. Originally he planned on purchasing a zoom lens with the belief that it would come in handy as our kids aged and played sports etc. I thought that was what I wanted too until I did a little more research. For a fourth of the price I ordered a lens that allows me to take more indoor pictures without the use of a flash. If you pay attention, you'll notice that the use of a flash really "kills" a picture by making it appear a little flat. I still take pictures with my pop-up flash, but its nice to know I can capture more pictures full of life.

This lens is very sensitive to any sort of movement so I haven't yet had a chance to capture a real goodie of Mia...the girl never stops moving, but that's a story for another time :). I took this picture of Spencer in our entreeway with the front door open. That's usually a great spot to get natural light without harsh direct sunlight and get nice catchlights in the eyes.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

what kind of camera do you have? your pictures are brilliant!

Heather said...

Oh, I see how it is Josette...the camera is getting all the credit!?!

We have a Nikon D80 and I just love it (as much as one should "love" a camera anyway!). I still use the lens that came with the camera, but the new lens is a 50mm 1.8f. It doesn't zoom in or out at all, but its becoming a favorite.

Miss you :)

Unknown said...

oooh the professional's brand..

miss u 2 :P