Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Grandpa


My grandpa passed away yesterday morning.  This last week was pretty tough as I prepared to say goodbye.  I'm not up for posting much more than this as my emotions are still pretty raw (which is why many phone calls have gone unreturned).

I took this picture a few days before grandpa passed away.  I don't usually have my camera with me when I go to his house and I'm so thankful that I felt a prompting to have it with me that day.  To me, this picture is proof that a photo doesn't have to be perfect to be priceless.

5 comments:

Candi said...

Heather, I'm so sorry for your loss. I know how much you loved him. Praying for y'all. (And how is the photo not perfect? I think it's priceless.)

Love you, friend.

3 Little Monkeys said...

I love you, I am so so sorry.

Patty B. said...

Can you feel my arms around you in a big hug, Heather? Well, they are. Every Grandpa should be so blessed to have such a wonderful grandaughter as you were to him. I agree with Candi, the photo is perfect. You and your family will be in our prayers.
love, Patty

Denise Wilson said...

Heather...I am so sorry for you family's loss. He seemed like a sweet man from the times you've mentioned him in your blog. Thinking of you.

Christian and Christen said...

Heather... you loved well. I am sad for you but at the same time feel a profound respect for you as I know you have loved selflessly, sacrifically, and radically. Thank you for teaching all of us! Hang in there!