Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Dying eggs with the kids





Our last little project together before Alfonso gets home tonight was egg dying.  After five full days by myself I honestly am worn out, but I promised and the kids have great memories.  Except when I ask either of them to do their chores...hmmmm.  

We had fun and as with most projects, the clean-up always takes twice as long as the project itself.  Spencer wanted to do a little experimenting with the left over dye, which I okayed as long as he didn't spill.  I was in the other room and I heard him say, "Oops, sorry Mom.  I only spilled a little."  After he said this several times, I thought I should go check and see what his definition of "little" was.  Well, all the littles turned into one, big wet mess.  Thankfully, our table has seen worse and it appears it will survive alright.

Did I mention how excited I am to see my husband?!  Five days is just too long.  I hate to admit it, but I may have lost my patience once or twice the last few days.  I've heard many "hell (help) me, Mom" from Mia and Spencer's asked one too many times, "What's next?"  I swear the kid thinks I'm a part-time tour guide.  But I really do love my kids.  A lot.

I'll tell you what's next...BEDTIME!

No comments: