Thursday, April 30, 2009

Our portable garden



Because of our upcoming move, our garden had to be made portable this year.  All that work that went into our raised vegetable garden last year....bummer.

With the help of my children (ha,ha), I planted four tomato plants, cilantro, oregano, rosemary, basil, thyme and bell pepper.  The rosemary and oregano were transplants from our garden that somehow survived the frigid winter temperatures.  Later, we'll also dig up and transplant our two blueberry bushes, blackberry vine, artichoke and strawberry plants.   

I recycled a few pots I had laying around and then found some at my Grandpa's place.  I displaced a few spiders and did a little screaming, but it was worth it.  I love the rustic look of the terra cotta pots.

I found a neat idea here and used old bits of fabric I had hiding away in a craft box.  Low cost and cute, I think anyway.

3 comments:

Heather said...

wow impressive... love the labels on the pots!!!

3 Little Monkeys said...

oooh I agree, love the look and that you get to take it with you. I didn't know you had all the others planted. I am impressed.
Love you!

Christian and Christen said...

you amaze me, heather!