Ultimate Pumpkin Waffles Recipe
1/4 c. light brown sugar
3 Tbsp. cornstarch
1 1/4 c. all-purpose flour (I use white whole wheat with fine results)
1 1/2 t. baking powder
1/2 t. salt
1 3/4 t. cinnamon
2 t. ground ginger
1/4 t. cloves
1/2 t. freshly grated nutmeg, or 1/4 t. pre-grated nutmeg
2 large eggs
1 c. whole milk
1 c. canned solid-packed pumpkin
4 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted and warm
1. Lightly oil the waffle iron with vegetable oil, and set to the desired temp.
2. Combine brown sugar and cornstarch in a large bowl. Whisk together to break apart the cornstarch. Add the remaining dry ingredients. Whisk to blend.
3. Separate eggs: yolks go in a medium sized bowl and whites get set aside in a smaller bowl.
4. Add pumpkin and milk to the egg yolks. Whisk to blend and set aside.
5. Whip egg whites with a hand mixer on high until stiff peaks form (about 1 1/2-2 minutes)
6. Pour melted butter into the yolk/pumpkin/milk mixture. Stir until combined.
7. Add pumpkin mixture to the dry ingredients and mix together until just combined.
8. Slide the whipped egg whites out of the bowl and into the pumpkin mixture. Gently fold until no white bits are seen.
9. Batter is ready to go! Pour into waffle maker. Serve with REAL maple syrup! Its worth the price.