Friday, April 13, 2007

"So,what's going on?"

Our case is officially back in PGN (Guatemala's Attorney General's office) as of April 11th. Our first entry date into PGN was December 20th, with a "kickout" February 9th. A "kickout" happens after the reviewer finds an error of some sort in your file. Our reviewer found four errors, or previos. Three of the previos were considered local, meaning they could be resolved without any effort on our part. Our fourth previo was a doozy. It required a little more than we had to offer at the time, but we made it. We kissed our paperwork good-bye the first week of March. Later that week we got word that it was in Guatemala. From there the paperwork was legalized and translated. Long story long, we were out of the game for two whole months. Zippo action on our case. Oh, and PGN may feel like prison, except there's no credit for "time served". That's right, we start over folks! So, if PGN plays by its rules, we should hear a "yea" or "nay" sometime the end of May (typically 6-8 weeks). If it happens to be "yea", we expect to travel 4-6 weeks after (late June). If it is a "nay"....oh, I just can't go there now!

On a side note, I have an apology to make. For too long I've expected people to understand where I'm at emotionally. I realize now, this is just plain unfair. What I can ask for though is understanding. That's different, you know? I may be a little withdrawn, not the friend I once was, but I'll come around...I promise. And while the honesty is flowing, I must admit I'm not doing as well as I project. I just can't hold it all in anymore. While the questions are a sign of great concern, I'm finding it more and more difficult to find the answers and deliver them in a way that expresses my appreciation. Please know that we're truly grateful for you all and never doubt this journey would have been far more difficult, if not impossible, without you.

When I came up with the title, Better Than Humdrum, for this blog, my dad simply asked, "At this point, wouldn't you just settle for humdrum?". And you know, I don't think I even answered him. The honest truth is, I wouldn't trade this rocky experience for anything. Even at my lowest I've always known our journey would be worth it.

2 comments:

3 Little Monkeys said...

I love you when the going is rough! I am so thankful to have you as my friend. I am praying for Gods strenghth to renew you daily.

Anonymous said...

Hi Heather! I'm from the BB :D Just thought I'd check out your blog. A blog is a very good source to put things out there that you're feeling, even if only a limited number of people look at it... :) God bless, girl! Praying with & for you as we all wait for our babies. I got my KO just last week on 4/19 with 1 previo that is fixable by the guat SW, so hopefully back in this week ;) See ya!!!