Monday, October 8, 2007

Normal's good

The kids and I headed out to the outdoor mall today. I know, I know....that alone should have spelled disaster.

So, I'm madly searching for some sort of coordinating outfit for our picture appointment next week. When I take the kids on errand outings, I try my very best to come prepared. Usually, I have snacks, toys and, for Spencer, a quick explanation of the day ahead. I decide on a cut-off time and off we go.

After my unsuccessful shopping adventure today, we went to Jamba Juice for a snack. It felt SO good to just sit down on that chair and rest my weary bones (it ain't easy pushing around a double stroller). Of course, Spencer used this relaxing opportunity to announce he had to go "potty". Normally, this would be a simple fix, but we were in an area with few places to "potty".

I decided to nix the lecture about his timing, as Daddy does those best, and we went to Starbucks and used the facilities. I figured we'd be in and out quickly, so I left the stroller, purse included, outside the restroom door. Please, save the lecture.

Alright, so now we're set to go when I realize Mia's missing a shoe. Ugh! We re-trace our steps and find that some good soul set her shoe on the concrete wall to avoid the stampede of sidewalk traffic. Too sweet! To the car we go!

We finished the trek to the parking garage and before I entered the elevator I reached for my purse. It was then I discovered my purse was missing....no, stolen! At this point, I'm in a bit of a panic and wondering how all this will be explained to my dear hubby. Before I made any phone calls, I thought I'd better re-trace my steps...again.

Yeah, so I'm a little stressed as I rushed back to Jamba Juice. By the time I reached the store, I was huffing and puffing. I'm sure I looked very cute! I asked the manager if anyone had turned in a purse. She did a mini-grill and passed off my purse. She said a "regular" turned in the purse. I could just kiss that "regular".

Who knew I'd feel so releaved to have everything back to normal?!

No comments: