Wednesday, October 3, 2007

No, really...Thank You!

It is always a bit unnerving to come home and find a HUGE box on your doorstep, especially when you're absolutely certain there's nothing you're waiting on. I asked hubby if he had ordered anything (afterall, the package did come in his name) and he gave me this confused look. And THAT made me a bit more anxious.

He opened up the box and found a very large food basket from Delta Air Lines. At this point, I wondered if he'd signed us up for some credit card with REALLY great bonuses (one could wish?!). Inside we found a card that read, "Your medical assistance on July 31, 2007 was greatly appreciated. We thank you! Delta Air Lines Corporate Officers and the Crew of Flight 311". With all the excitement surrounding our pick-up trip, I neglected to tell anyone about what happened as we were on our way to Guatemala. Now I have the perfect opportunity to brag on my hubby.

Mid-flight a loud shriek was heard a few rows back from our seats. Immediately we both turned around and saw a young woman convulsing. It was obvious (to even me), she was having a seizure. Her poor mother was sitting next to her completely sobbing. What can be done when you're over water at 20,000 feet? That's certainly a powerless feeling.

Alfonso got up right away and directed the flight crew to get all the medical supplies available on board. He did what he could with the supplies provided and the woman stabilized. He spent the rest of the flight right by her side. Her mother sat next to me and I tried my best to comfort her. Thankfully, touch is a universal language.

While it was heart-warming to receive an official thank you, I'm certain my husband never expected any sort of accolade. And that is just one reason why I'm crazy about him.

No comments: