Sunday, September 30, 2007

Celebration Time: Mia's First Word



The girl talks! I can hardly believe it!

Yesterday, on my way home, I called and talked to Alfonso, you know, just to let him know his RELIEF was FINALLY on it's way. In my absence (darn it!), Mia decided it was high time to say her first word. Up until now, she's just said, "dada", "tete" (bottle) and on occasion, "mama", which we consider to be more sounds than words (and if you disagree, keep quiet).

He said he came into the room and said, "Hi, baby girl!" and wouldn't you know, he was greeted in return with a "Hi!". From that point on, she continued to say "Hi" every time she saw his face. There's some serious rejoicing going on in this household, folks!

I have a feeling we could be experiencing language explosion soon. Just today Miss Parrot said "Uh-oh!" after her Mama. Exciting stuff! Now, if we could only stay away fom that "no" word...

No comments: