Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Who knew?

Bored with our same-old-same-old recipes, I thought of the Shrimp Gumbo meal we'd often eat before the kiddos came. Hubby had banned the recipe some time ago because it had gone from a favorite to a "this again?" sort of meal. So anyway, I resurrected the recipe and made it the other night. I sampled the dish before heaving it to the fam, and was surprised to find it was spicer than I had remembered. Already, I was imagining the complaints that would soon come my way. Where are my earplugs?!

With little more than crossed fingers, I served up the Gumbo. Spencer started goobling it down without so much as a word. Yes! And Mia, she was eating as though we'd starved her for days (although, this type of eating is fairly common for girlfriend). Yes, again! Little Mia didn't stop there; she licked her plate completely clean. Of course, I pulled out the video camera to catch the show...I might never see that kind of appreciation again!

1 comment:

Heather said...

mmmm pass the recipie on to me!!!!