Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas with the parents






Alfonso had to work his first Christmas since he started with the department, so just the three of us went to my parent's place. This year's theme included an 'Ugly Sweater Contest'. Apparently the theme is pretty popular and after a semi-exhausting, last-minute search, I just made our sweaters. I glued candy canes to mine and spelled "Merry Christmas". Believe it or not, not a single candy cane was harmed as I managed to spell the phrase without any breaks (unless you consider hot glue harmful). Spencer had his shirt decorated with Christmas tree marshmallows just as he requested. By the end of the day, only a third of remained. I think eating the marshmallows was in the plan from the very beginning, wouldn't you say?! I found an ugly enough sweater for Mia at the thrift store, but everyone thought it was cute. My Grandma was voted the winner. She had her very tacky sweater handmade by a friend. It included half a table runner, lots of bows and too many jingle bells. She deserved the win.

This Christmas was so different than the last. I enjoy Christmas, but last year we were separated from Mia. We had returned from our visit with her a few days before Christmas and I was down. I have a new appreciation for Christmas this year.

Happy birthday Jesus!

No comments: