Sunday, April 20, 2008

Forever Friends



Our good friend Christen came by tonight to visit. It was a visit long overdue considering we haven't meet up for seven years or so. I meet Christen way back in middle school, but we weren't exactly pals then. That's her story to tell :).

We reunited in high school and became very close friends. And just a year after graduation, she stood alongside me on our wedding day. Soon after our wedding, our paths separated some, mostly due to distance. After our get-together tonight I'm sure she's just one of those friends you never really lose. As she prepares for a move to Peru, I find myself so thankful for those forever friends. Although our distance will soon be far greater, I certainly hope our desire for a deeper friendship was rekindled. I know it was for me.

2 comments:

Christian and Christen said...

That makes 2 of us! I love you and am so proud of who you are... as a wife, a mom, a believer, an incredible home decorator and photographer... I love you. Let's stay in touch!

Heather said...

Fun!!! Glad you guys got back in touch!!!! And good mini update on Christen, I've though about her from time to time! :)