Wednesday, April 2, 2008

I'm no prankster, but...

I thought it would be funny to play along with this whole April Fools' Day thing. Usually, I'm not any good at participating in a prank as the truth is written all over my face. Its a bit of a curse really.

Yesterday I had the perfect opportunity to get my prank in as Alfonso was away at work. Because we'd be speaking over the phone, I knew I could put all my energy into not busting up. So, my idea was to tell him I was pregnant. Yep, and you wouldn't believe the reaction: absolute silence. I thought maybe I'd get a little chuckle or something, but the laughter didn't arrive until he was certain this was indeed a prank.

I should be a little easier on the guy. After being solo for two full days and with one left to go, I might just be a little glad it was a joke too :)

No comments: