Saturday, April 19, 2008

Just a few reasons I love spending time with Grandpa...


This is just a sampling of the bizarre, but always amusing conversations that take place between the family and Grandpa (he's ninety by the way!):

"Will you please put a chicken behind my back?" (We're thinking he meant "cushion")
"How's the second crop of opium coming along?" (No explanation to offer there)
"Where's the other gun?" And after I gave him a funny look he preceded to ask the question again.
"You're a pretty little girl too." Apparently he didn't want me to feel left out after the same compliment was given to little Mia. This is a far cry from the Grandpa who guessed I was was forty years old a few months back. Ouch!!

We decided a while back we better just laugh a bit and since then, it's provided some unforgettable moments. Sorry Grandpa!

1 comment:

Heather said...

ahhh that just makes me smile... great picture!!!