Sunday, August 10, 2008

Hmmmm...That's a version I have yet to read


When we got back to the car after church this afternoon (and getting back to the car is an event when you attend a large church), I asked Spencer what he'd learned. Sensing he was struggling a bit, I used the goodies he'd created to put the pieces together for him. As it turns out he'd heard the story of the Prodigal Son.

I love this age. Its my favorite for sure. Spencer understands just enough to fuel a decent conversation and misunderstands just enough to make that decent conversation fun. I was a bit floored to hear his re-telling of the story in his words. Really, he managed to soak up a good chunk of the story.

He told me about how the father in the story gave his son money. After the son received this gift he left. While he was away, he spent his wealth on....McDonald's?!?! Yep, that's what he told me.

No comments: