Saturday, August 2, 2008

One year ago today...




...Mia was placed in our arms. Its a day I'll never forget that's for sure.

As I looked through pictures from August 2, 2007, I had to laugh at Mia's hairdo. Her foster mom explained she'd fixed her hair in anticipation of our meeting only to have her rip out the the rubberbands on the way to meet us. As I glanced back at Mia while we were in the car today, I found her doing the very same thing...only this time I was there to witness it.

She's sure a sweetie.

1 comment:

Christian and Christen said...

WOW! We are beginning to dream of that same day for Raquel and oh my gosh, Raquel and Mia look like sisters! It amazes me!

Do you guys have any contact with her foster family? How long did they have her? Were they relatives or assigned by an agency? Lots of questions.

I love you and love that she is yours!