Friday, February 13, 2009

Mexican Rice


A while back I found myself craving Mexican rice of the not-out-of-a-box variety. In my search I found this blog along with the recipe I used that night and a few times since then. It's yummy!

Mexican Rice

1 T oil (I used olive oil)
1 onion, chopped
1 clove of garlic, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped (I used bell pepper)
1 jalapeno pepper, chopped (I skipped for fear I'd hear the spicy "pie-see" word from Mia)
1 cup rice (I used brown rice)
1 1/2 c. chicken stock
2 cups diced tomatoes with liquid
1 t chili powder
1 t cumin
1/2 t salt

Heat oil
Add onions, garlic, peppers and saute for 5-7 minutes
Add rice, chicken stock, tomatoes, chili powder, cumin and salt. Bring to a boil.
Reduce heat and simmer until rice is done (time depends on type of rice you use)

1 comment:

Heather said...

yum looks like a recipe I should try here!
And I'll skip the jalapeno too... after my pepper incident I say away from them lol