Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Specification required

We've had some beautiful weather here lately and we're both getting the itch to work on the yard. How long will that itch last? We shall see.

Yesterday I was outside sizing up our out-of-control lavender bush. Deciding it needed a haircut, I went looking for our prune shears without any luck. Before we had shears, we resorted to using scissors instead and I thought I'd revisit the old days and get a pair from the junk drawer. Spencer and Mia were playing in the garage and I figured I'd be gone for 30 seconds max, so I asked Spencer to watch his little sis.

I did come back within 30 seconds and Spencer did watch Mia as he had promised. The problem was he watched Mia crawl under the car to fetch a few stale cheerios she spotted AND eat them. Next time I will be far more specific...if there is a next time!

1 comment:

Heather said...

lol... well at least it was food that she ate (rather than a bug... or worse!)