Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Another attempt at domesticity

Here's what was for dinner, and most importantly, dessert tonight.

Despite the story the picture may tell, this is the best meatball recipe I've come across. I found it in our MOPS cookbook.

Neely Family Secret Meatballs
(and you're in on the secret)

1 lb. ground beef (90% or better...I used 96%)
1 small onion, finely chopped
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 T ground black pepper
1 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded (I used freshly grated Parmegiano Reggiano)
1 egg
1 cup Italian style bread crumbs (I just used overly toasted bread and dried basil and put it in our mini food processor)
2 T olive oil

Mix all ingredients (except olive oil) together with your hands. Form into small balls (about the size of a golf ball). Heat a large skillet over medium heat; add olive oil and heat until hot, but not smoking. Place meatballs in pan; cook for about 10 minutes total, turning every 2-3 minutes, until all sides are browned. Serve with pasta and sauce.

Blueberry Pie

Pie crust
Two bags of frozen blueberries
Add sugar, nutmeg and cinnamon to taste

I baked the pie for 15 minutes at 450. After that I (sloppily) added foil to the edges of the crust to prevent overcooking. Continue baking at 350 for approximately 60 minutes. Watch hubby drool (I love that...it doesn't happen much here!)

2 comments:

Natalie said...

I love all your cooking you are sharing with me. I am going to try this out. I love it !! Go my domestic friend who is of course a domestic role model.

Heather said...

I'm not a great cook, but I'm trying...still.

That's what makes it an attempt, not necessarily a success :)