Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving Day


Alfonso was forced to work Thanksgiving day. When he called with the news I had two options: Option one (my favorite): pout...loudly. Option two: be thankful my husband has a job. You might be surprised but I did indeed choose option two, though option one sounded far more thrilling. I'm not a saint and my habitual tendency to choose option one is proof of that.

I met my parents, sister, and Grandma at my Grandpa's house. My Grandpa has always been a fan of Christmas so when we mentioned leaving his tree up year round a few years ago, he was sure happy. We spent part of the day removing the Easter decorations and replacing them with ornaments. I'm not sure if Grandpa noticed, but I know the bright lights will surely catch his eye soon enough.

2 comments:

Patty B. said...

Heather, we've had Thanksgiving on the Saturday after for years. Turns out it's easier to get everyone together that way.

3 Little Monkeys said...

Kudos on choosing option 2!
Love you!
Tracy