Tuesday, June 26, 2007

A day in the life of...

Just because we love our dentist so much, Spence and I plopped our booties in the chair. Is it just me, or does teeth cleaning time make you feel vunerable?

Since I was in the area, I brought along some top quality used books to sell at the second-hand bookstore. I didn't count, but I had over 10, maybe even 15. So, I had this plan to use the money to buy a nice book or two for the kiddos. Ah, how thoughtful, huh?

We waited around the store for a bit reading from some of our prospective purchases. Then I heard the blessed voice over the intercom, "Heather, we have your offer ready." That's gotta be good! The gal behind the desk smiled, and I was just happy to see all the books I brought to sell in the "keeper" pile.

But you know what the "fabulous" offer was.....$12.00!!

Although it didn't show, I was not a happy camper. When I said, "Great!", what I really meant to say was, "Ugh, do you realize how much I paid for those puppies?" C'est la vie.

Thankfully, I never shared my plan with Spencer, so no disappointment there. Instead we headed to the town square and enjoyed the farmer's market. We laughed, danced to the music, ate yummy ice cream, and completely forgot that I'd been "taken" by the bookstore. Good day.

No comments: