Saturday, June 23, 2007

Now back to that story I promised to tell...

Alfonso and I were on our way back home after spending two days in the city. It was an eighth anniversary celebration as much as a much needed break. This whole process was beginning to wear on us, especially the missus.

Just as we exited the freeway, Alfonso's cell phone rang. As he answered, immediately I recognized the area code. At this point I knew this was THE news we had waited for. Of course, I tried my very best to read his body language and studied his face for any sort of sign. He gave me a little nod and a smile...I took a deep breath. I shoulda counted the number of times I heard him say, "Wow". Our little guy was at home waiting for us and that was the best news to deliver. He danced around and exclaimed, "Yeah, Mia's coming home". Oh boy, do we feel like dancing ourselves.

And so we wait a bit more, but this wait isn't as open-ended as the other. We expect to travel to pick-up Mia in approximately 6-8 weeks. Can you believe it?
________________________________________________________
If you would, please say a prayer for our fellow PGN waiters. At last count, our board had 24 members who'd certainly love to cancel membership.

No comments: