Friday, June 15, 2007

Mommy meltdown

Today was the first day I've shed sad tears in a long time. This wait is really getting to me. I was so hopeful a few days ago, but now I feel so hopeless. A mixed bag of emotions that's for sure.

One of my best buddies just happened to call this afternoon. Immediately she sensed I was "off". Boy, she knows me too well. The tears I'd been holding back started to flow. She asked if she could pray for me and thankfully she didn't wait for my answer. I just didn't want to say "yes", but knew I couldn't say "no". Have you too experienced this?

There's nothing like an honest prayer. I mean, God already knows what's heavy on your heart you might as well just speak the truth, eh? Certainly the truth was spoken today. All my emotions, even the really ugly ones, are again laid at His feet. I'm beyond blessed to have a group of friends who intercede on my behalf. Truly.

1 comment:

D said...

I found your blog off the Bethany boards and just wanted to say that I can really relate to this post. We've only been waiting 3 months at this point (this is our first... first child, first adoption, first grandchild for both sides, first all the way around), but I can definitely sympathize with you. It's weird how one day you're fine and the next you feel like someone dropped a grand piano on you or something. Best of luck to you as you wait. Your little boy is adorable. I'm looking forward to hearing more from you!