Wednesday, June 13, 2007

The snow boots be goners!


Sometimes, Spencer digs through his closet and finds items he deems "treasure". These treasure hunts usually occur during his daily "quiet time". Let me tell you something, hunting for treasure is anything but quiet!

A few months ago Spencer found an old pair of black snow boots. He unveiled his finding and was so proud. I had to stifle my laughter when I realized the boots were on the wrong feet and two sizes too small. Apparently, there's a bit of extra space for those thick socks you're suppose to wear....in...the...snow. Given the choice, Spencer continued to wear the boots out and about. I was almost certain someone would feel most sorry for our poor son and leave a pair of sandals on our porch, but all we got was giggles.

Our mellow spring weather is no more. We've been experiencing full blown summer for the last week now and the snow boots needed to go. C'mon, who in world wants to wear (fake) fur lined boots in 100 degree weather? My son, that's who! That is until he got two nice big fat blisters on his little feet.

Aw, now we don't have to figure out how to lose 'em!

No comments: