Monday, July 23, 2007

Okay, I did it. I called our local Representative's office today and asked for some assistance with our hold up at the Embassy. The woman I spoke with told me she's made phone calls for a few other families who are also experiencing delays. I guess I should take comfort that we're not the only ones, but instead I say, "What gives?"

If the delay is with immigration, there's nothing she can do. If the snag is with the Embassy, then there's hope.
_________________________________________________________
7/24 Update
We didn't hear back from our Representative's office today. Actually, I never did find out when I should expect to hear back.

I did call the Embassy today though and I was told that the office only accepts calls like mine between 2-3 p.m. When I called back during "business" HOUR, I was told that the information on record shows our fingerprints expired in June. Oh, wait...maybe we do have the updated information....oh, wait maybe we need approval from immigration before we can process your pink slip. And I asked, "What paperwork do you need from immigration?" His reply, "I'm not sure. You'll have to call immigration. They'll know exactly what we need."

So, you guessed it, I called immigration. I retold a quick version of our predicky and asked about the status of the paperwork required for our Embassy appointment. She asked me what paperwork the Embassy was requiring of us. What?!

Please hold...I need to bash my head against the desk.

Please excuse me if I'm a far cry from Miss Sunshine. I just don't have it in me today, and I'm too exhausted to make the story "fluffy". I'm having a difficult time with our continual delays. This just stinks.

2 comments:

Heather said...

arrrgh!!!!!
Maybe you cang bribe her w/ a cat... I know of one :p

Natalie said...

I am so proud of you girl. You really give me strength when I FEEL weak in this life of being a mom. I hope that the answer is good and this slow process can get into high speed soon.