Saturday, August 25, 2007

A first and a lesson learned (hopefully)





Spencer played his very first game of bowling and had a blast! After the fiasco at soccer this year, we were just overjoyed to see him enjoying an activity. He's had a few bouts of I-can't-do-itis recently and this certainly was encouraging for us to see.

At one point, I was a little nervous when I realized my not quite four-year-old son was four pins away from MY total. I know it is good to let 'em win and that was exactly what I was doing...right. He scored 76 his second round and reeked of grease. It was great!

___________________________________________________________
WARNING: Please stop here if you're about to eat...anything!

So, Mia's had this fastination with removing her diaper lately. Maybe it is the velcro sound of the cloth diaper that gets her; I'm just not too sure. Because of this, I've had her in a least a onsie at all times. I was certain to relay this information to my dear hubby, for fear of the consequences. He's forgetful (he'll deny this) and sent Mia back to bed after a late-night comfort session, bottomless.

Alright, so morning arrives and I hear little Mia awake and ready for pick-up. I go in her room to greet her, but almost immediately want to shut the door. I see the diaper, clean and not on baby. Oh, and little deposits all over the place.

In case your wondering, Alfonso was on a run the morning when said incident occurred. I did my part and cleaned up Mia. When he arrived back home I told him, with a smile of course, that a surprise was waiting for him upstairs. Spencer filled him in and exclaimed, "It's poop, Dad!!".

I don't think he'll EVER forget again.

1 comment:

3 Little Monkeys said...

You need to send your photos to parenting magazine. You are amazing! Great subjects help but still...amazing!