Monday, August 20, 2007

If only this could be bottled...


Last night, Spence and I spent some time star-gazing in the wilderness that is (not) our backyard. Thankfully, even the street lights were unable to block out all those shining beauties.

Always one for cuddling, last night was no different (and here's to hoping Spencer always snuggles some). He looked at me and said, "Mommy, you're the goodest Mommy". And with those few words, undid the challenges of the day (and believe me, there were some, um, challenges).

Today, after our, 'Please, never grow up speech', Spencer seemed unconvinced; he wants to grow big. And in return, he exclaimed, "I want to grow big fast. Can I, pleeeease? I'm goin' be a mighy kid!"

I find it funny that he believes his growth (or the lack of ) is in our control. If it were, I think we'd like him to stay little a bit longer.

No comments: