Sunday, August 5, 2007

Dia Tres



Last night was better by a tenfold. Where the night before was a try anything and everything sort of night, we had a better system in place last night. This morning we were all well-rested. That is a good thing!

We went to the National Museum of Archaeology and Ethnology this morning. We had hoped to catch a glimpse of the jade Funerary Mask, but unfortunately it is not on display right now. Big time bummer! I had a little laugh as I looked over the brochure we were given as we entered the museum. On the back the entrance fees are listed. While "Nationals" pay three quetzals to enter (approximately 50 cents), us "Foragers" pay thirty (approximately four dollars). Hopefully we aren't all viewed the same!

Our bonding process continues to improve with each passing day. In the beginning, Mia preferred Alfonso, but just today she reached out for me. Repeat after me: "Awwwww!"

4 comments:

3 Little Monkeys said...

Of course she is! You are her real Mommy!! At last. I am so xcited to come home and see you holding your little girl in September!

Anonymous said...

Every day will get better and better. I'm assuming Spencer is not with you guys. I can't wait to see what she thinks of him and he of her. That meeting will be precious...tape it! Love you guys.
Jenn

Heather said...

So glad you FINALLY have her! Hope you're making good use of those sweaters! ;)
Can't wait to meet her!!!!!

Natalie said...

Awwww! I am so glad you are getting the blessing of having your sweet girl to love and hold. I hope it is a healing moment for you as it was and still is for me to hold my girls. It is special for you to have the chance to have a sweet daughter to love. God is giving you such a gift!! We are so excited to meet her. Love you both,
Natalie & Dries