Thursday, August 16, 2007

More Than Dessert

My MOPS group organized meals for our family this last week. It was such a blessing! Each and every meal received a thumbs up from Spencer. Oh, and us too!

One night we had an extra special treat. My friend, Shelly, brought one of MY desserts for us to enjoy; she got the recipe right out of our MOPS cookbook. It isn't just ANY recipe though. This recipe was a favorite of my mom and grandma. Matter-of-fact, I have fond memories of preparing (and eating) this dessert.

I'm so glad that God knows me so well. He knew that I needed this pick-me-up and used a friend to deliver His love.

It is still peach season, so maybe you should give the recipe a try!

Peacharoon Frozen Torte

2 cups mashed peaches
1 1/4 cup sugar
1 T lemon juice
1 cup heavy cream-whipped (don't think too hard about this one...just pour!)
1 cup coarse macaroon crumbs

To peaches, add sugar and lemon juice. Fold in whipped cream. Place 1/2 of crumbs in bottom of pan. Spoon in peach mixture. Top with remaining crumbs. Freeze until frozen, 4-6 hours. Enjoy...that's the easy part!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Heather that sounds good!!! You could probably substitute another fruit, right? hmmmm wonder if Calyn will eat it... ha ha ha!